Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Farewell Mysore, we shall miss thee!

So today we had our last lecture (sad and exciting at the same time) with Professor Padmanaban. Although the topic of e-governance is interesting, it can get a little long if he is just describing to us what it is for about an hour and a half. I wish we had a more interactive session because I think most of knew the basics of what e-governance is. It’s pretty self-explanatory. However, good governance is always quick, efficient, cost-effective, and provide information to citizens in a fair, corruption-free, transparent manner. The professor defined e-governance as SMART (simple, moral, accountable responsible, and transparent). This is the basics that e-governance should take, and this was the main takeaway of the lecture for me. With the world becoming so Internet-oriented it is only right that there be some kind of e-governance. There is so much information readily available to individuals today that they can choose to do whatever they like with it, and for that are in reality the ones flattening our world.

Aside from lecture and all, it was our last day in Mysore :-(. However, we got to eat some delicious food at the Mertopole Hotel, and yes there was that Gujarati food that I love so much! Although the real Gujaratis make it better (haha), it was very delicious. I must say that I have met some of the greatest people I will ever meet, and it was all on this trip. From the students at the institute to the people in the streets, to our very own group, I will never forget the everlasting memories I have made, and all the new friends I will get to keep in touch with!















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool Pics Omni...And yes, Paddy (as v call Prof.Padmanaban) can be really boring.I ve taken his class this term.It sucks. I saw my pic...thx